The new twist is that we’re adding a little bit of technology and structure which we expect to make the practice more available and more efficient. We will connect people who have a household task that needs to be completed with people who are willing to help. Think of it as a “dating service” for household tasks!
Here’s how it works:
• The Deacons register Helpers by gathering an inventory of tasks that members of the congregation are willing to assist with and we store that information in a very simple database,
• The Deacons solicit requests from the congregation about household tasks that they could use assistance with,
• The Deacons match the requests to Helpers and put the Helper and the Requester in contact with one another,
• The Helper and the Requester work out a mutually acceptable time for completing the task,
• The task is completed and the Deacons track its closure.
We see this as a wonderful opportunity to continue to build a caring and supportive community here at Sixth!
To sign up as a helper, CLICK HERE.
To request help, CLICK HERE.