Almost everything at Sixth Church, from choir and community outreach to worship and the coffee afterwards, has elements of fellowship. However, there are some specific, formal and informal activities and events. If you would like more information on any of them contact email@example.com
- Fellowship after worship
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper
- Church Picnic and Worship in the Park
- Men’s, Women’s, and Family Weekends at Crestfield
- Advent Crafts, supper, and tree trimming
- Christmas Pageant and Dinner
- Monthly community dinner
It is the mission of deacons, first of all, to minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to any who may be in distress both within and beyond the community of faith.”
The Deacons have a new program to facilitate a caring ministry called Household Helpers.
Some examples of services that have been provided by the Deacons include
- Providing transportation to medical appointments
- Providing transportation to church
- Providing meals for members who are recovering from an illness or medical procedure
- Providing home maintenance (painting, minor repairs)
- Helping with resumes and job searches
- Providing child care in emergency situations
- Visiting the home bound
Those inquiring into membership attend at least two Inquirers Classes to get to know more about Sixth and the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. New adult members are received regularly through profession of faith, reaffirmation of faith, or transfer of certificate from a different church.
Knitting Group. Bring a current project, learn to knit, or do some knitting for our communities. 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at an off-site location. Call the church office for information.